Os reenviamos un mensaje sobre diferentes tipos de plaza (predoctorales, personal técnico y postdoctorales) en el BCBL.
La Junta Directiva de la SEPEX
The Basque Center on Cognition Brain and Language (San Sebastián, Basque Country, Spain) offers funded 4 PhD candidate positions:
FUNDED PHD CANDIDATE POSITIONS AT THE BCBL- BASQUE CENTER ON COGNITION BRAIN AND LANGUAGE (SAN SEBASTIÁN, BASQUE COUNTRY, SPAIN), www.bcbl.eu
The Basque Center on Cognition Brain and Language (San Sebastián, Basque Country, Spain) offers funded 8 PhD candidate positions:
- FUNDED PHD CANDIDATE POSITION – Brain Rhythms and Cognition Group, Dr. Manuela Ruzzoli
- FUNDED PHD CANDIDATE POSITION – Neurolinguistics and Aphasia Group, Dr. Simona Mancini
- FUNDED PHD CANDIDATE POSITION – Speech and Bilingualism Group, Drs. Clara Martin and Svetlana Pinet
- FUNDED PHD CANDIDATE POSITION – Spoken Language Group, Dr. Efthymmia Kapnoula and Prof. Arthur Samuel
- FUNDED PHD CANDIDATE POSITION #2 – Neurolinguistics and Aphasia group, Dr. Simona Mancini
- FUNDED PHD CANDIDATE POSITION #2 – Spoken Language Group, Prof. Arthur Samuel
- FUNDED PHD CANDIDATE POSITION – Neurobiology of Language Group, Dr. Brendan Costello and Prof. Manuel Carreiras
- FUNDED PHD CANDIDATE POSITION – Developmental Language Disorders and Educational Neuroscience Group, Dr. Marie Lallier
INFORMATION ABOUT THE POSITIONS IN https://www.bcbl.eu/en/join-us/job-offers
2-year full-time Research Assistant position in the Consciousness Group- AT THE BCBL- BASQUE CENTER ON COGNITION BRAIN AND LANGUAGE (SAN SEBASTIÁN, BASQUE COUNTRY, SPAIN)
The Basque Center on Cognition Brain and Language – BCBL- (Donostia-San Sebastián, Basque Country, Spain) is offering a 2-year full-time Research Assistant position in the Consciousness group. Our lab investigates the mechanisms underlying conscious and unconscious information processing, in connection to cognition more broadly, addressing mental simulation, attention, memory and language. We use a variety of behavioural and brain imaging tools in human participants.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT THE POSITION
Position: Research Assistant
Number of vacancies: 1
Research Field: Psychology > Cognition and Language
Hours per week: 35
Starting date: December 2021-January 2022
Job description: The primary duties of this position include helping to run studies, programming experimental procedures and data management/analysis. This position would be an excellent experience for people seeking to pursue doctoral studies in cognitive neuroscience or people with sound computational skills that would like to get experience working in this field before deciding to embark in a PhD.
PI and research group: The candidate will form part of the Consciousness group (https://www.bcbl.eu/en/research/research-groups/consciousness) led by Prof. David Soto (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. CANDIDATES’ PROFILE AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Applicants should have an honours and a Masters degree in Psychology, Computer Science, Neuroscience, Engineering or another relevant area.
- The applicants must demonstrate excellent communication skills in English.
- Strong programming skills using Python.
- Applicants must be EU passport holders.
- Experience in human psychophysics
- Experience collecting data in web-based experiments
- Familiarity with statistical analysis
3. WORKING CONDITIONS
Salary: 16.250€ gross/year (year 1 and 2);
Training opportunities and Career development plan: Researchers at any stage of their career, regardless of their contractual situation, are given an opportunity for professional development and for improving their employability through access to a Personal Career Development Plan which includes:
- Training through individually personalized research projects under senior supervision
- Exchanging knowledge with the scientific community and the general public
- Network-wide training in theory and methods
- Complementary training courses
- Involvement in proposal writing, task coordination
- Development of skills for the organization of training and scientific events
4. OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
- The corporative language at the Center is English.
- The center provides initial level Spanish and Basque lessons to all the international staff members
- The interview will be conducted entirely in English
5. APPLICATION PROCESS
Submission of the application and documentation:
To submit your application, please follow this link: applying for “RA Consciousness 2021” and attach the following documentation:
- A curriculum vitae
- A statement outlining research interests and motivation to apply for the position
- Two letters of recommendation
Application process timetable:
- Deadline for application: 10 October 2021
- Evaluation by committee: 17 October 2021
- Interviews: 18-22 October 2021
- Final decision: 25 October 2021
- Feedback to all applicants: 25 October 2021
- Work contract start date: December 2021-January 2022
Interested candidates can email David Soto (email@example.com) for informal inquiries.
Contact details for enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
La Caixa Foundation Postdoctoral Junior Leader fellowships Call 2022
The Postdoctoral Junior Leader fellowships programme is aimed at hiring excellent researchers, of any nationality, who wish to continue their research career in Spain or Portugal. The objectives of this programme are to foster high-quality, innovative research in Spain and Portugal and to support the best scientific talent by providing them with an attractive, competitive environment in which to conduct excellent research. The Postdoctoral Junior Leader fellowships programme is divided into two different frames:.
- Postdoctorate Junior Leader – Incoming: 25 postdoctoral fellowships for researchers of all nationalities. They will be offered a three-year employment contract to conduct a research project at accredited centres with the Severo Ochoa or María de Maeztu excellence award, Institutos de Investigación Sanitaria Carlos IIII and units evaluated as excellent by the Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia of Portugal.
For Spanish institutions, candidates must have resided in Spain less than 12 months in the last three years while for Portuguese institutions, candidates must have resided in Portugal less than 12 months in the last three years.
- Postdoctorate Junior Leader – Retaining: 15 postdoctoral fellowships for researchers of all nationalities to carry out research at any university or research centre in Spain or Portugal. For Spanish institutions, candidates must have resided in Spain more than 12 months in the last three years while for Portuguese institutions, candidates must have resided in Portugal more than 12 months in the last three years.
The BCBL is a potential Host Institution for this call.
For further information: https://fundacionlacaixa.org/en/postdoctoral-fellowships-junior-leader-call