Os reenviamos un mensaje del BCBL sobre una plaza de personal técnico de apoyo a la investigación.
La Junta Directiva de la SEPEX
- INFORMATION ABOUT THE POSITION
- Position: Research Assistant
- Researcher Profile: First Stage Researcher (R1- up to the point of PhD)
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Project: Behavioural and electrophysiological correlates of the bilingual advantage in executive functions in healthy elderly subjects
- Location: Spain > San Sebastian
- Research Field: Neuroscience > Cognition and Language
- Type of contract/Duration of Contract : Temporary > 4 years
- Job Status: Full-time
- Hours per week: 35
- Starting date: 01/03/2021
- Application deadline: 08/01/2021
- Information about the project: The research will investigate the possible existence of a bilingual advantage in executive functions in elderly bilinguals compared to monolinguals. We will manipulate a set of subjects characteristics (Cognitive reserve) and tasks parameters -e.g., specific executive functions and processes demanded by the performed tasks, levels of difficulty and modality (visual vs. auditory) of the executed tasks- in order to unravel the experimental conditions that need to be met to observe the bilingual advantage in executive functions.
- Job description: The selected candidate will collaborate in running experiments (EEG sessions and neuropsychological testing in healthy elderly subjects) and analyzing EEG/ERP data.
- PI and research group: PI of the project: Jesús Cespón; Research group: Neurobiology of language (Group Leader: Manuel Carreiras).
- CANDIDATES’ PROFILE AND SELECTION CRITERIA
Required skills: The ideal candidate must be highly motivated in the topic related to the project and holds Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Psychology, Neuroscience, Cognitive Neuroscience, or in a related area. Good English and Spanish skills are required.
Desirable skills: Programming skills (e.g., Presentation software, Matlab) and / or previous experience in EEG data collection and / or analyses will be very positively assessed.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
Salary: 16.000 Euros per year (gross salary)
Entitlements and other benefits: https://www.bcbl.eu/en/join-us/what-is-like-to-work-bcbl
Training opportunities and Career development plan:
Researchers at any stage of their career, regardless of their contractual situation, are given an opportunity for professional development and for improving their employability through access to a Personal Career Development Plan which includes
(1) Training through individually personalized research projects under senior supervision
(2) Exchanging knowledge with the scientific community and the general public
(3) Network-wide training in theory and methods
(4) Complementary training courses
(5) Involvement in proposal writing, task coordination
(6) Development of skills for the organization of training and scientific events
- OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
- The interview will be conducted entirely in English
- The center provides initial level Spanish and Basque lessons to all the international staff members
- APPLICATION PROCESS:
Submission of the application and documentation:
To submit your application, please follow this link: applying for “BILINGUALAGE” and attach the following documentation:
- A curriculum vitae
- A statement outlining research interests and motivation to apply for the position
- Two letters of recommendation
Application process timetable:
- Deadline for application: 08/01/2021
- Evaluation by committee: 11/01/2021-15/01/2021
- Interviews: 18/01/2021-22/01/2021
- Final decision: 27/01/2021
- Feedback to all applicants: 28/01/2021-29/01/2021
- Work contract start date: 01/03/2021
Contact details for enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org