Os reenviamos información sobre una plaza predoctoral sobre «Neurocognitive processes in multilingual communication: How is pragmatic information integrated?» en el grupo de Lenguaje de SCALab Laboratory, Affective and Cognitive Sciences (University of Lille) y la Universidad de Nebrija.
La Junta Directiva de la SEPEX
We invite applications for a 3-year PhD position on the neurocognitive processes of multilingual communication at the University of Lille (France, LANGAGE Team of the SCALab Laboratory, Affective and Cognitive Sciences, UMR9193, http://www.scalab.cnrs.fr/index.php/fr/) and the University of Nebrija. The research project seeks to better understand the neurocognitive processes involved in multilingual communication, which are largely unknown. The proposed thesis project offers an innovative opportunity to characterize the neurocognitive processes involved in multilingual communication by looking at both the use of pragmatic information following listening to a second language or a foreign accent and by testing the nature of the brain mechanisms behind fluent communication through the use of pragmatic information during a social interaction. The studies will be conducted in different languages (French, English and Spanish).
Expected hiring date: September 2023
Remuneration: 1,780 euros per month (net salary)
Expected level of education: 5 years of higher education
Application deadline: May 3rd 2022
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Expected profile :
- Master’s degree in Psychology or Cognitive Science or Cognitive Neuroscience
- Methodological and technical skills: experimental paradigms in the psychology of language, behavioral and EEG data, an interest in signal analysis
- Interest in the psychology of language, multilingual communication, neurocognition of oral language, social interactions, pragmatics, neural synchronization
- Fluency in French/Spanish/English and good writing skills
Applications should include a CV, a brief cover letter, transcripts, a summary of previous work, and at least one letter of reference.
Documents to be attached to the application, in a single PDF file:
- a CV
- a cover letter
- a copy of the Master 2 and 1 transcripts and a copy of the Master 2 diploma (if available)
- a summary of previous work (Master 1 and Master 2)
- a letter of reference
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.