With the aim of continuing to support the best scientific talent and fostering innovative, high quality research in Spain, ”la Caixa” Foundation is launching a new call for applications for the INPhINIT Fellowships Programme. The application deadline is February 1st, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. (Central European Time – CET).
In this second call it will grant 57 3-year fellowships to talented researchers of any nationality to carry out a doctorate at top Spanish research centres accredited with the Severo Ochoa or María de Maeztu distinction and at Carlos III Health Research Institutes, in the disciplines of Bio and Health Sciences, Technology, Physics, Engineering and Mathematics.
BCBL – Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language is a «Severo Ochoa» Centre and Host Institution in INPhINIT call, dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in research, training and knowledge transfer within the area of the Cognitive Neuroscience of Language. The projects on offer for this call are:
– Brain_Sign: Language circuits in sign language processing (Supervisor: Prof. Manuel Carreiras)
– Deaf_Readers: Cortical circuits for reading in the deaf (Supervisor: Prof. Manuel Carreiras)
– Laterality: Brain lateralization for language (Supervisor: Prof. Manuel Carreiras)
– Presurgical: Presurgical mapping and brain plasticity linked to brain surgery (Supervisor: Prof. Manuel Carreiras)
– Optimization in second language pronunciation (Supervisor: Dr. Clara Martin)
– The impact of literacy on speech perception (Supervisor: Dr. Clara Martin)
– Reading beyond the reading network: Hippocampal and thalamic contributions to reading (Supervisor: Dr. Kepa Paz-Alonso)
– Functional and structural common neural basis of creativity across specific domains (Supervisor: Dr. Kepa Paz-Alonso
– Neural modulation of self-representations in memory and language systems (Supervisor: Dr. Kepa Paz-Alonso
– Impact of early language history on reading acquisition: A focus on bilingualism (Supervisor: Dr. Marie Lallier)
– Predictive timing and the sensorymotor integration (Supervisor: Dr. Nicola Molinaro)
– Timing in audiovisual speech integration: A neurophysiological assessment for language disorders (Supervisor: Dr. Nicola Molinaro)
– Development of physiologically-informed spatiotemporal deconvolution algorithms to investigate brain function with functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) (Supervisor: Dr. Cesar Caballero)
– Studying the dynamics of human brain function at rest with electroencephalography (EEG) and functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI). (Supervisor: Dr. Cesar Caballero)
– Deep learning algorithms to study human brain function with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) (Supervisor: Dr. Cesar Caballero)
– 3-years contract
– Incorporation date: September and October of 2018. January 2019 under extraordinary circumstances.
– 34,800 euros per year including salary, employee social security contribution, income taxes and all compulsory employers’ contributions
– 3,564 euros per year for research costs such as conferences and workshops attendance, short-stays, consumables and intellectual property costs, among others.
– ”la Caixa” Foundation will award a prize of 7,500 euros to be paid in the fourth year if the research fellow submits the thesis within 6 months subsequent to the end of the fellowship’s third year.
– Complementary training programme
The INPhINIT programme will be open to Early-Stage Researchers (ESR) of all nationalities. Candidates must meet the following criteria (in accordance with the Marie Skłodowska-Curie eligibility conditions):
– At the publication date of the final list of selected candidates (29 may 2018), applicants must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
– At the time of recruitment, candidates must comply with one of the following options:
– To have completed the studies that lead to an official Spanish (or from another country of the European Higher Education Area) university degree awarding 300 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits must correspond to master level.
– To have completed a degree in a non-Spanish university not adapted to the European Higher Education Area that gives access to doctoral studies. The verification of an equivalent level of studies to the ones mentioned above will be made by the university when the admission procedure starts.
– Candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the publication date of the final list of selected candidates (29 may 2018). Short stays such as holidays will not be taken into account when calculating the mobility requirement.
– Candidates must have a demonstrable level of English (B2 or higher).
– Only candidates whose submitted application fulfil all the requirements will be eligible.
For further information, please visit the following links:
Application website https://www.lacaixafellowships.org/index.aspx
INPhINIT Programme: https://obrasociallacaixa.org/en/investigacion-y-becas/programa-de-becas-de-posgrado/inphinit/programme-description