The Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (MINECO) has published the call for PhD Students 2016. The application period is from 13th to 27th September 2016 at 15:00h.
The call offers up to 2 PhD Student positions each of them to join the following MINECO Research Funded Projects:
1) PSI2015-65694- PREPROC – Predictive coding and predictive timing across modalities and cognitive domains – PI Dr. Molinaro. Key words: Prediction, visual perception, auditory perception, word perception, magnetoencephalography
2) PSI2015-67353 – READEAF- Brain mechanisms of reading in good deaf readers – PI Prof. Carreiras. Key words: Reading, fMRI, MEG, deaf
Both offered positions comprise 4-year contracts as PhD students.
Individuals interested in these PhD positions should have:
• a strong theoretical and methodological background in cognitive neuroscience or experimental psychology with a special focus on psycholinguistics and/or neighboring cognitive neuroscience areas.
• a good level of written and spoken English.
For both positions, research experience in the domain of multilingualism and/or language comprehension, especially with neuroimaging techniques, will be an asset. Possession of a Master degree in the area of psycholinguistics or cognitive sciences (or any other related area) is highly recommended and will be positively valued.
For more information:
• BCBL website: http://www.bcbl.eu/jobs/
• MINECO website: http://www.idi.mineco.gob.es/portal/site/MICINN/menuitem.dbc68b34d11ccbd5d52ffeb801432ea0/?vgnextoid=62b349aaa8dc4510VgnVCM1000001d04140aRCRD&vgnextchannel=11f35656ecfee310VgnVCM1000001d04140aRCRD
• Official call text: http://www.boe.es/diario_boe/txt.php?id=BOE-B-2016-40735
• Contact point at the BCBL (for registration, submission and doubts): Ana Fernández (firstname.lastname@example.org)