Os reenviamos un mensaje sobre una plaza de técnico de investigación a tiempo parcial en el BCBL.
La Junta Directiva de la SEPEX
1. INFORMATION ABOUT THE POSITION
- Position: Research Assistant
- Researcher Profile: First Stage Researcher (R1- up to the point of PhD)
- Number of vacancies: 1
- Location: Flexible
- Research Field: Psychology > Cognition and Language
- Type of contract/Duration of Contract: 3 months (possible extension to 6 months)
- Job Status: Part-time
- Hours per week: 20
- Starting date: ASAP or April 2022 – June 2022
The Basque Center on Cognition Brain and Language – BCBL- (Donostia-San Sebastián, Basque Country, Spain) is offering a 3-month part-time Research Assistant position in Brain Rhythms and Cognition group.
In our group, we use time-resolved neuroimaging techniques (MEG and EEG) to understand the computational dynamics and architecture of cogntive processing such as language, attention and cognitive control.
Job description: The candidate tasks will be:
1) Coding experiments in Matlab and Python
2) Electroencephalography data analysis
Tasks 1 and 2 will be executed under the direct supervision of Dr. Manuela Ruzzoli, who will provide the theoretical and technical background to perform the tasks.
This is an ideal opportunity for who loves coding and wants to learn about how human cognition works, in the vibrant environment at the BCBL.
If those tasks are completely new to you, but you know Matlab and Python, please approach us, we will explain to you what to do and you will easily learn.
After an initial introduction to the job, the tasks can be easily performed remotely.
PI and research group: The candidate will form part of the Brain Rhythms and Cognition group
(https://www.bcbl.eu/en/research/research-groups/brain-rhythms-cognition) under the direct supervision of Dr. Manuela Ruzzoli
2. CANDIDATES’ PROFILE AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Technical background in Engineering, Physics, Signal processing, Biophysics, BioTechnologies, Cognitive Sciences. Holding a university title is non-mandatory (undergraduates students are welcome);
- Coding abilities with Matlab (Psychtoolbox and Fieldtrip) and/or PsychoPy
- The candidate should hold a NIE or NIF.
- Familiarity with experiments in cognitive psychology or electrophysiology
3. WORKING CONDITIONS
Salary: 7.500€ gross/year;
Entitlements and other benefits: https://www.bcbl.eu/en/join-us/what-is-like-to-work-bcbl
Training opportunities and Career development plan:
Researchers at any stage of their career, regardless of their contractual situation, are given an opportunity for professional development and for improving their employability through access to a Personal Career Development Plan, which includes:
(1) Training through individually personalized research projects under senior supervision
(2) Exchanging knowledge with the scientific community and the general public
(3) Network-wide training in theory and methods
(4) Complementary training courses
(5) Involvement in proposal writing, task coordination
(6) Development of skills for the organization of training and scientific events
4. OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
- The corporative language at the Center is English.
- The center provides initial level Spanish and Basque lessons to all the international staff members
- The interview will be conducted entirely in English
5. APPLICATION PROCESS
Submission of the application and documentation:
To submit your application, please send your CV and a statement outlining research interests and motivation to apply for the position to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application process timetable:
- Deadline for application: 13 March 2022
- Evaluation by committee: 15 March 2022
- Interviews: 17-18 March 2022
- Final decision: 20 March 2022
- Feedback to all applicants: 21 March 2022
- Work contract start date: 1st April 2022
Interested candidates can email Manuela Ruzzoli (email@example.com) for informal inquiries.Contact details for enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org